Plants of the Chaparral
- Yearly; blooming yearly in this case.
- Often referred to as coastal sage brush, it is the most common
plant community in San Diego; a close growth of low evergreen oak; any
dense thicket. Chaparral plants are opportunistic,taking advantage of
little water in order to develop seeds and carry on their life cycle.
- A plant with two seeds in the fruit or flowers.
- Fish and Wildlife Service
- The place where an animal or plant naturally lives and grows.
- riparian scrub
- Pertaining to or situated on the bank of a body of water
- A category or unit, as species, genus, etc.
- From Taxonomy, the science of classification.
© 1997 The Special Species Project ®